Explain how far your
understanding of the conventions of existing media influenced the way you
created your own media products. Refer to a range of examples in your answer to
show how this understanding developed over time.
In our preliminary task for AS we made a comedy film, Sweet
Potato. This was made after we researched titles on a website called art of the
title. This influenced the way we created our media product, Sweet Potato, as
before this I had little knowledge of the conventions of titles in films. I
also did not know that different genres used titles in different ways. So in
this aspect Art of the Title was a huge part of my research for our film
opening task.
Also to research our preliminary task, Sweet Potato, we
looked at comedy films openings to identify any title conventions and to see
how much narrative was given away in the opening. In our preliminary task our
research consisted of watching other film openings. This improved massively in
the time between our preliminary task and our final product, The EZ Life. At
first we just watched the titles and tried to see if they were any similarities
in the titles. Whereas for our opening the EZ Life we analysed titles thoroughly.
I used software called time toast to make a timeline of the titles this meant we could analyse the tiles in much
more detail and resulted in me seeing a lot more conventions than we noticed
for our preliminary task.
Timetoast was easy to use as I had experience with it before to make timelines for History but I had not used some of the advanced features such as timing the presentation before.
James, let me know when you have finished this, and I'll mark it. Thanks.
ReplyDelete